The main problem we are going to cover is how does Elasticsearch works internally which facilities any further interaction and understanding of the engine along with a better understanding of how to write Elasticsearch plug-ins and how to contribute to its codebase. In the session we will cover the following distinct topics:
- what is Elasticsearch, how does it operate internally and features does it have from 28 000 feet (10 mins);
- how are requests executed within an Elasticsearch cluster;
- how does a shard execute the request;
- how are the various modules of Elasticsearch organized using Google Guice;
- what happens at startup of Elasticsearch: what are the core classes and methods involved.
The target audience is Java developers not necessarily having experience with Elasticsearch.